Monday, September 17, 2007

Siddhartha

When I first began reading Siddhartha it was hard for me to get into the book. Now I find it much easier to read and less confusing. I am enjoying Siddhartha’s character and the journey that he is taking. I can see how he took his voyage to go find to see what he thinks his future should entail. I have not finished the book yet, but in what I have read Siddhartha has had many challenges from leaving his village to go find himself to leaving his friend Govinda, because he realized that they must now go on their own paths and become their own persons. I like how Siddhartha does what he thinks is right for him; he didn’t stay with his best friend because he knew that staying at the Perfect One’s village was not for him. I admire Siddhartha for going out and finding himself without the influence of others. I’m not too far into the book quiet yet, but I am excited to see how it is going to end.

1 comment:

klr006 said...

I agree with Krissi, as for Siddhartha being difficult to read and get started on. I enjoyed the book after I could get going on it, and I found that it cracked the mold on what I had in my mind a view of religion.